[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[none]

I tried to send this to bob, but it bounced.

I had allstate for a number of years and had 2 claims. the first one was
fairly straightforward. they paid without any problems. the body shop
screwed me though as they were paid for replacement parts and only did a
repair. ( my fault for being young and stupid) The second was a bit more
complex. There was significant subframe damage and a local shop id the
repair.(first class job) however there was a clunking from day one. 4 trips
back to the shop and they still couldn't find it and they advised that I
take it to a dealer which I did. They called and said they found prob. I
called Allstate and they said have them fix it. I said no, YOU call them to
tell them to fix which the claims mgr. did. He told me to pay for car with
my credit card to pick it up as I needed it right away. they were to cut my
a check on Mon. This was Fri.
To shorten the story the shop did not have an updated schematic(GM) and 2
washers were not shown hence the clunk. the time it took to find and repair
the prob. took about 2 wks. with me driving each day. that time without the
washers wore out the new sub frames. when Allstate got the bill and saw
subframes again they refused to pay even though they authorized the repair.
leaving me holding an 1100.00 bill. this was never resolved. In fairness
their service was excellent and most of my family still uses them. Not me
though.