[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

engine swapping

STAGNET@domain.elided  ASKS:

I have the drivetrain from a 1986 635, what I want to do is put the engine
and maybe the transmission into another body style. A friend of mine has a
thrashed1981 528i. My question is, will this combination work and if so, what
surprises await me. Also what about a swap into any other 5 series? If
anybody out there has any knowledge on bmw engine swapping your input would
be most greatly appreciated.
ANSWER:  Other than fitting the new(er) intake manifolf past the Power Brake
reservoir, the swaop is preetty much a bolt in.  Especially if both cars have
the same transmission type.
Hope this helps
Bob
Many BMWs