[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> CA smog rules

I found a good deal on a '72 2002 in Michigan but i'm concerned about
meeting smog regulations when i return to CA later this month. I'm not
really familiar with CA smog regulations so i'd appreciate any information
i could get. I am also considering a '76 and I understand the rules are
more stringent for the post '75 vehicles- TRUE? In particular, i was
wondering how soon i would have to face inspection after bringing the car
to CA and how much I could expect to pay to get it smog equipped. i was
told that basically none of the smog equipment is in place right now.

BTW, the cars are currently CA registered.