[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Blue Smoke question

Bill.  This is generally an indication that your valve guides are showing
some wear.  When the engine is off, oil leaks down the worn valve guides and
pools on top of the pisto.  When you start the car this oil then burns and
causes the light blue smoke.  As soon as the oil is burned the smoke goes
away.  Since the amount of oil that is leaking past the guides is small, you
only see the smoke after it has had time to build up a bit.

Gary Dietz
dietz@domain.elided