[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E23/3.5L> Fan clutch/hot 735i

My 85 735i has the habit of getting very hot (i.e.: almost red) when I am
stuck idling in traffic for more than a few minutes.  When I am moving,
the temp gauge stays dead on 12 o'clock.
There is fluid in the radiator and everything else seems to be
tight/right.

How do I check the fan clutch?  I read something about sticking your
fingers into the blades, but without good directions, I'm not willing to
try it :)
If the fan clutch turns out to be bad, is it a no-brainer to fix it?

Please email me directly (duellist@domain.elided) with the answers. If
anyone wants, I will
digest and send you a copy.

For the Moderator: I didn't see this in the FAQs, so I will be happy to
provide the info to you.

Andrew T.
BMWCCA
85 735i (mine)
79 528i (hers)
"Fight for the pleasure
Fight for the honour                     duellist@domain.elided
Fight for the splendour                  San Diego, CA
Fight for your life!"
 - The Duellist, Iron Maiden