[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

high mileage 318i

THis is a response to Digest V5 #48/George and his high mileage 318i:

Dear George,

Here is a suggestion that I think you might like to hear:  some time ago
someone drove their P1800 Volvo around Central Park so as to finish their
millionth mile on the odometer, drove into Tavern on the Green, where TV
crews et al awaited him, and Volvo gave him a lavish dinner, culminating
in the presentation of a brand new 760 Turbo!  Perhaps BMW might be
interested in a similar response?

On the other hand, I was just at my dealer yesterday and talked to my
mechanic, whom I have used, now, for 25 years, and he said that he just
had to put new rings on a new V8 @ 15,000 miles! What's wrong with this
picture?

Congrats on that kind of mileage,

Chuck Garrettson