[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36>M42 Engine Recall - should I be concerned?

Hi,

As a very satisfied owner of a '92 318i, I'm curious to know how serious I
should take the potential problem with the profile gasket.  Obviously I'd
like to have the problem fixed before failure (now!), but I'm wondering if
the dealer will take me seriously. The car is under warranty through
September (only 31k miles so far) and I purchased the extended warranty
(through 1999 or 100K, whatever occurs first) should I should be covered in
the event of a failure.

Should I waste my time with the dealer to see if they will be proactive and
fix the problem, or wait and curse them out later?

Thanks,
Scott