[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #46

Hello all.  I recently purchased an '86 535i with a 5 speed.  The latch on
the glove box is broken and it will not open.  Does anyone know how I might
get it open without causing any permanent damage?

As a note to the mileage thread, my car has 250k miles on it and it seems to
be running strong.  The transmission on the other hand seems to very worn.
The transmission makes a whine which varies with engine speed.  Any ideas as
to what might be the cause and is this indicative of imminent failure?

I love the way the engine runs.  I never realized a sedan could be this much
fun to drive.

I have found the Chilton and Haynes manuals but cannot find the Bently at
any of the local bookstores.  Can someone send me a mail order source?

TIA.

Joon Kim                           |||      joon@domain.elided
OBJIX Systems Development, Inc.    |||      tel (919) 790-8894