[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reply to Chris Nolte

Chris, I just wanted to say that as a professor of religion and
philosophy, who has used Pirsig in my teaching -- and who has savored the
quality of 4 different incarnations of the '02 in my life, I think I
understand what you meant and appreciated it greatly. Most of my friends
most of my life have been baffled by how I could have such passion for
philosophy but also for driving old BMWs. Perhaps the best response I have
managed is to just smile and mention how the Dalai Lama also is fascinated
by cars (and Spinoza, as you know, was a high quality lens grinder)....

Thanks for your enjoyable entry.

Chuck Garrettson
'68 2002ti w/220hp, 2.3L MTuner engine (for sale)
'96 Subaru Outback