[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

733i Service Indicators

Last night I changed the oil on my recently acquired '84 733i.  The OIL
SERVICE light, plus the yellow and a couple of red, lights were on.  I used
the procedure outlined in the FAQ for jumpering pins 7 and 1 on the
diagnostics plug and the lights turned off - just as they should.  So far so
good.

However, now the green "service indicator" lights stay on all the time.  I
should mention that this is not a new occurrence.  Since I have had the car
(about 6 months) these lights randomly decide to come on or shut off.  And
sometimes not all of the green lights are on - only a few of them.

Is this one of those weird problems that one simply lives with, or pays to
replace the whole SI board?

Thanks - Gary