[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Do I have a real one or what?

Last week I bought a '92 318iC with 33K. This is my first BMW and I love
the car. I can see why people buy them and are willing to pay more for
them. But after reading several post here, I am frustrated that many BMW
owners feel like I don't have a "real" BMW. What defines a real BMW? For
the money I plunked down on this car, I hope I bought more than the BMW
emblem on the hood and an Alpine stereo in the Dash. After reading these
posts on here I am considering buying an '88 535i for $8200 which seems
to be the most talked about. Any thoughts? My wife says we already have
one BMW, why get another?

BTW, I own a '96 minivan. It never occurred to me to compare the two. I
think its a waste of time to try. If I am going on a wide open country
road, I know what keys to grab, just as I would know which one to grab
to take a group of cub scouts to a ball game.

Regards,
Brent Smith
rbs@domain.elided
'92 318iC