[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Autothority Short Shift Kit?

I bought on of these and attrempted to install it. 2 hours and much
swearing later,I gave up. I may try again sometime when I have an excess of
patience.

It is eary to remove the existing linkage, but difficult to get the pin on
the gearbox connector rod through the hole in the Autothority part. I had
to drill the hole out a bit to get it to fit. Then I couldn't get the three
parts (shift lever, shift kit part, and gearbox connector rod) to line up
properly. It may have been because my car was in an accident and the
connector rod seemed bent a few degrees, just enough to prevent it all from
fitting.

I will try again this weekend, armed with a long pry bar : ) .

Regards;
Jerry   '95  M3