[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #46

Can't help with your specific problem, but for years I had a similar
experience with that specific warning lamp.  It would be on more than off.
The lamp assembly was not well sealed against water leakage, and in one of
mine (I think there are two) water had corroded the spring contacts.
Bought a new one and found that there was considerable rust on the sheet
metal where the housing mounts. Cleaned that up and haven't had a problem
(with the license-plate lights) since...

Larry

'85 528e 175K mi

LSWAIN@domain.elided
http://www.penrose.com                        Penrose, Inc.
     Providers of World Wide Web presence for business