[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thanks

Just a quick thank you to all who have helped me get my 67 1600ti (this
suckers gonna run by the 28th) back on the road - BTW it did run by the 28th

When my tech assistant (the friend with the knowledge) told me to turn the
key Saturday nite at 10PM after 14 hours of slaving I nearly died (especially
when the flames started coming out of #4 intake on the Webers - thats what
108 octane fuel can do for ya) and went to heaven.  It's been 6 years since I
got to drive an 02 series and I had (almost) forgotten just how much fun it
is to hang the rear end out

So, thanks to:
Carl Nelson @ CNPR for patience and parts
Greg Mierz @ Puget Sound ACA for the copy of Zundfogle ( when I get the
money, you'll
       get a new member
Will Turner @ Turner Motorsports for parts info
K. K. Wollenberg for the mechanical linkage info (BTW I have a spare
21-11-0-470-050)
ROBBMW2002@domain.elided for the parts info
Dan Patzer @ Bimmers only for the clutch link info
Steve Mehan for offering backup advice
Phil Marx @ Bavarian Motor Warehouse for help with the clutch

Anyhow, if anyone had told me a year ago that I would be reassembling my car
off usenet, I would have told them they were dreamin - NOT!

The car does now run, with a miss on #2 to be worked on tomorrow and the only
problem I have now is that I spent 1k on parts and now need to get back to
work to buy all the upgrades I've been fantasizing about

ALSO - thanks to Richard for the digest - I couldn't have fixed my car
without it

D. B. Tanner
67 1600ti finally reassembled and running (a BMW dealer mechanic even offered
to buy it)
69 2002 RIP
79 R100RT - just turned 10k, after all these years maybe it'll get broken in