[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <02> 5-sp conversion Brackets

I posted the following message a couple of years ago after searching
for those mounting tabs...

Many thanks to everyone who came up w/ trans mounting tab sources for
doing the 2002 4-spd -> 5-spd conversion.

Here's the summary:

Erik said the part is 41 12 1 808 830 - "console".
Hendrick BMW said it's NLA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Greenfield Imported Parts didn't have it.
Maxmillian has the part for $5 each. (BTW, Erik, the number you gave
me was the fax #).  Their # is 410-744-2697
CNPR has it for $5.75.  I bought it from them since they're closest to
me.  W/ tax & shipping it came to $16.72 (kinda steep on handling
charges).  Actually, they're kinda like Maximilian, specializing in
NLA and restoration stuff for coupes, 2002's, etc.

CNPR
710 Turquoise St
La Jolla, CA  92109
800-466-8184
Metric Mechanic has a complete kit which contains the mounts the
modified shifter, flex-disc, and modified drive shaft.  They don't
really like to break up the kit.  Their mount is a u-shaped affair
that just bolts onto the existing 4-speed mounting tabs.
816-231-0604