[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MPG or L/100 km

<Perhaps one of our resident mathematical wizards (Blazey, Childers,
Shaffer)
<can figure out how to convert liters per 100 KiloMeters to Mile Per
Gallon.

<My Euro 745 uses l/100KM instead of MPG, and I have wracked my brain
trying
<to do this conversion.  My OBC says 21.3, when I try to convert it I come
up
<with 11.04, or 27.99 (I wish) depending on what formula I use.  My actual
<experienced mileage is 18.8 (leadfoot).

<According to the Owners Manual, 10.4 = 27.2 MPG, 16.6 = 17MPG etc., but I
<can't seem to come up with a formula that even converts these correctly!

Lot's of people have answered a week ago or two. I have a formula that
works in both directions and is easy.

L / km traveled = 2.3522 / MPG (in US gallons)

You simply provide two variables to get the third.  I've programmed this in
my HP-18C Business Calculator and it works fine.  If you want to know what
25 MPG is in European terms, use 25 for MPG (clear eh) and 100 for km and
solve the equation which gives 9.4 L per 100 km.  If you put 67 L in the
car and your trip odometer reads 589 km, then you will be able to see that
this corresponds to 20.7 MPG.

See, I told you it was easy.

Gregory Bradbury
101762.1703@domain.elided