[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Creaking 318i's

Add my name to the list.  Funny thing, though, only the driver's side (rear
passenger side?) door creaks.  Rode as a passenger in the right front seat
last week, & there wasn't any noise/creaking.

Haven't asked dealer to correct, as I didn't have any luck with dealer
correcting occasionally hard starting problem which occurred earlier in the
car's life.  We went on at each other for the better part of an hour, me
asking him to pull the plugs to check for oil, as that's exactly the
sound/roughness of engine that came to mind.  Was told that they don't do
that anymore, they can check for resistance at plug.  Guess a large
computer is cheaper than 5 minutes wrench time...

One last gripe.  How's the oil consumption on the 318i fleet out there?  I
have had to add oil after about 2,000 miles of mostly highway driving.  Car
has 16,xxx on it now.  Certainly uses more oil than Asian competitors
did...

Enough.  I can't wait to drive this car, regardless of squeaks, creaks, oil
consumption, etc.  And that's what makes BMWs "special" (or their owners
nuts, I dunno...)

Pete
'95  318i, sports package
BMW CCA  120581