[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SI Lights-Interesting Experience

The SI batteries in my '85 535i had gone bad a while ago and I was strongly
considering replacing them in the near future. In the mean time I was making
do by reseting them with a homemade reset tool that I built. About two weeks
ago I reset the SI indicator and accidentally left the tool attached to the
diagnostic plug and shut the hood. I drove around for about a day watching
the four green lights come on and off constantly. For some reason it didn't
concern me until I remembered I left the tool under the hood.

When I disconnected the tool the lights have stayed green ever since. Now
this might not sound unusual except that before this happened the
"Inspection" light would come back on from between 15 min to 12 hours later.
It has now been 15 days and from what I can tell the system is working
normally. I don't know what happened exactly but it seems leaving the
tool attached for a day seemed to "fix" the problem.

If anyone would like to comment on this, I would appreciate it. I don't
know if this is an easy fix but I am just happy I haven't had to look at
that damn red "Inspection" light anymore.

By the way anyone have any experience with BG44K fuel injector cleaner?

Jon Peterson
Ft. Collins, CO
picard@domain.elided