[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Pulsating idle 90 325i

Rodd Sidney <bmwrodd@domain.elided> wrote:
> Subject: Pulsating idle 90 325i
> I have a problem with a wandering idle on my 1990 325is.  This happens with
> >a warm engine - the idle starts to drift from 500 to 1000 rpm in a rythmic
> >manner.  Normally, the idle was solid at 750 rpm.  Had the engine cleaned
> >recently.  O2 sensor is still the original.  Any suggestions would be
> >appreciated.
> >1990 325is Alpine White 85,000 miles; Eibach + Bilstein Sport; K&N.
I fixed this problem by adjusting the throttle switch.
The Motronic 1.1 didn't know it was supposed to idle. There is a
throttle switch beneath the intake that has three positions:
 full open
 idle
 anywhere else
Maybe the switch is faulty ... just make sure the computer knows
that it is in idle mode. Hope this helps.

- --
Tschuess ... Gene Van Sant                        Home: (407) 725 8788