[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> How to brake?

I want to measure my car's 100-0 km/h stopping distance. I wanna do some
comparisons but I don't know how car magazines perform their braking
tests. Some dark points are:
- - When should I disengage clutch? I always apply to brake
  and clutch together, if it's gonna be a real hard brake.
  (Some people talk about a little later disengagement to let engine
  compression help breaking. This seems logical while going downhills, etc.
  but how about a stressed drivetrain between a running engine and
  locked wheels under heavy braking?)
- - Or should I start braking while the car is doing 100km/h in *neutral*?
I'm also thinking of locking the tires 'cause my car doesn't have ABS.
Any ideas, advices are welcome..
Regards,
Ceyhun Atacan
'82 528i