[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E39 Sun Shade

Referring to a Euro delivery E39, Scott Yates writes:

>Anyone know if the rear sunshade can be added after delivery?  The
>dealer wasn't sure.

I was told that the rear door integrated manual sunshades had to be factory
installed and could not be added after delivery.  I'm not sure about the
electric rear window sunshade.  I'm expecting my Euro delivery E39 528i to
be delivered at my dealer any day now (hopefully without a dent in the
roof!!), and I'd be interested in having this sunshade installed too.  It
was not available as an option at time of order.

Scott, did your E39 still have the floor mats in when it arrived?

On another note, thanks to Ephraim Fithian for his post about cell phone
installation on his E39.  Useful info.

Christophe Lemaire
BMWCAA #132924
1997 528i (1,443 mi, somewhere between New Jersey and local dealer)
1990 Acura Integra GS (for sale)
1992 Saab 9000CS (wife's car)
christophe.lemaire@domain.elided