[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A/C Valve? / Winter Driving

Two questions about my '94 325i: first, over the past two years, I've run
down my coolant charge in the A/C system four times (After some bogus
diagnosis, I have high hopes that the dealer has corrected the problem --
bad evaporator).  I have not run the compressor when the system has
obviously been discharged but there have been periods of "gray" - i.e. air
felt not cool, but not warm either.  Someone suggested to me that there
might be a valve that senses low pressure and prevents the compressor from
running with no coolant?  Have I done any lasting damage to the system by
running it in low/no pressure situations?

Second question is I'm thinking of getting a set of Blizzaks to make the
car a little less thrilling to drive in winter, Any experiences or other
fixes?  I have AS-C which helps some.