[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1995 318i Creaking & Sqeeking issue?

Rich,

>Help!  I'm looking for 3 series owners model years 1993-1996 models who are
>experiencing the same persistant defect as the one I'm going to describe:  My
>1995 318i since 3,805 miles has made a qreeking and squeeking sound while
>driving.

My new 328i does the exact same thing.  I posted here on the digest and got
several suggestions ranging from re-adjusting the door mount to applying
weather strips and teflon tapes.  I haven't had any chance to try the tape
solutions, but I did try rubbing some Vinylex to the areas that were making
the creaking sounds.  In my case they were the two top corner edges where
the front corner was rubbing against the mouse fur rubber and the rear
corner was pushing into the smooth triangular piece of rubber.  This quieted
the creaking for about a week, I'm going to try some weather stripping next.
I'll report on how it works.

>Their fix amounted to puting clear teflon tape along the inside of
>the doors.  Which looks as if someone has taken Scotch tape all to the inside
>of the doors.

Did this help?  Have they tried adjusting the door latches?

>Does anyone have this same problem or has had some BMW dealer
>fix this problem with the doors and body of the car qreeking and sqeeking?
> If so, could I please hear from you!

I'm in the same boat as you, so let me know if you find a solution.

Mark.