[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are BMW's so special?

    Trevor Day <tcday@domain.elided> wrote:

    A funny thing happened to me yesterday.  I just got my 1993 320i
    (I just love it!!!) and I was taking some co-workers out in it
    for a spin (to show it off, of course!) and one of them, a 37
    year old mother of two minivan driver got in the front seat,
    looked around and asked, "So what's so special about these cars
    that makes them so expensive?"  I was so baffled by the question,
    that I couldn't think of what to tell her!!!  Does anyone have
    any good comebacks for the next yahoo that asks such a STUPID
    question???

How about "BMWs are like fine wines. It takes a certain appreciation
to truly enjoy them, and it is difficult to explain the appeal
without experiencing it. They are not for everyone, but for for
those who appreciate the difference, there is no substitute."

STC
Shane T. Callaghan                       Halifax, Nova Scotia
'88 RX-7 Turbo (10th Anniversary)
'89 BMW 525i