[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Temperature gauge

I have an 85 535i and just went through and replaced the ni-cads on the SI
board as the FAQ directed. I have one problem. The temperature gauge does not
work anymore, it just sits in an "ignition off" position.  Before I replaced
the batteries the temp gauge bounced back and forth from a low reading to the
actual reading. The Ni-cad replacement has worked as the service lights are
now off and all of the other gauges and lights are working. I have pulled the
cluster assembly apart again and verified that all the connections are good.
Does anyone know of a procedure to test the temp gauge? Bentley's does not
give a specific wiring breakdown for the cluster nor a test procedure. I
don't like the idea of driving the car a whole lot without a temp gauge. Any
help would be most appreciative.

Derek Atkin
85 535i 129k