[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Dead Crank Shaft / Adjustable Rear Subframes

     Thanks to everyone that responded about my tale of woe on my now dead
     2002.  I wanted to apologize for the terrible spelling and grammar in
     my post since some of you are pretty uptight about that kind of stuff.
     I'll be first to admit that my typing stinks and I hate using spell
     check because it doesn't understand things like 2002tii, BMW CCA, BTW
     or YMMV.

     After several conversations today it looks like I will not be going
     with an 2.3l M3 crank, mainly because of the cost of all the
     associated rods, pistons etc.  I hoping to get away with what I have
     as far as pistons go.  I may need a rod or four.  If it turns out I
     need pistons and rods I may end up with the M3 crank after all, I'll
     let you know.  I'm going to let Harold Audeur at Bavarian Motorsports
     (Atlanta) make the decision if the pistons are still good or not,
     hopefully next week.  At this point though I'm still looking for a
     2.0l crank with no scoring for around $100.

     I have a friend with several 2002 rear subframes.  He would like to
     make them adjustable to correct camber in the rear.  Does anyone have
     one of these that they'd be willing to share the design of so he can
     make a few?  I think he plans on selling his extras.

     I'm not sure what kind of graphics I can receive over the net, but I
     have Freelance for Windows, Paintbrush and Powerpoint at this address.
     I have Corel Draw and the basic Microsoft stuff at my home address,
     mbrumwell@domain.elided.  My fax number is (423) 977-3554.

     matt brumwell
     pres. smoky mountain chapter 'cca
     '75 2002 shell     '87 535is      '88 M3