[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Euro 635i

>This isn't a "My car is better than your car message".  I recently purchased
>a BMW Buyer's guide/information book thingy.  :)

I don't know if you are talking about the book by Ken Gross, the one I have
(I bought it in 1984) says the top speed of the 635csi is 140mph.

>It says that my Euro 635Csi will go, I believe, around 7 miles and hour
faster
>than the M3 and about 3 mph faster than the M5.  I'm not sure about
acceleration >and that sort of thing.  Could anyone give me a UNBIASED
(hehehh) comparison of >the M cars vs my car?

As a former owner of a '79 635 (w/Alpina Wheels and other Alpina stuff) I
want to let you know that your car is not as fast as a (six cyl) M3, M5, or
M6.  If you are ever in the San Diego area ask to see the videos at
Cunningham BMW of racing E28 M5s and M6s in Mexico.  The E34 M5s are even
faster.  Philip Thearle (owner of IMHO, the best body shop in the state of
CA) has a E34 M5 he bought at Cunningham with a chip that has seen 170 mph on
radar at the track.  The euro E24 may not be as fast as the 6cyl M cars, but
with the euro bumpers it is better looking :-)

Kevin Kelly
BMW CCA #50039