[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(e23) Funny Fuel Behavior

	I have an '82 735i w/european transmission which I dearly love.
However, last night it refused to start.  I had just  been shopping, so
the engine was warm.  After about 15 mins. it started.  But today while
driving it quit on me again.  Acted as if it was starved out.  Wouldn't
rstart until I changed the fuel pump fuse just to do something until AAA
came along.  Then it started.  BUT the fuel pump fuse I replaced looked
okay to me; it was just turned a little crooked.  Since I got towed to my
favorite mechanic, I had the fuel filter inspected.  It was partially
blocked with crud, so I had it changed.  Neither the mechanic nor I are
sure that the change of filter was what it needed, and, in fact, the car
hesitated once on the way home but didn't quit.  Got home just fine, but
I don't trust the car for any extended trip at the moment.
	So, does anyone have any ideas where else to look, what else to
try.  And, by the way, if anyone has a line on a rebuilt power steering
pump, I'd appreciate the information.

Thanks.

David Kann
dkann@domain.elided