[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> AutoX tire pressure over/understeer?

I ran the 325i in an autox this past weekend with somewhat
disappointing results (the 2002 is _much_ faster :-) I have
A509's that were set at 40psi front and rear. The car really
had a lot of understeer. I managed to plow through a bunch of
pylons on the first hairpin - my girlfriend thought it was fun,
but man that was a lot of points!

Am I correct that by lowering the front tire pressures relative
to the back by about 3-4psi I can reduce the understeer
tendencies? I would much prefer that the car oversteer
slightly. I want to leave the car stock, so tires/pressure seem
to be my only options.

Does anyone have recommendation on tire pressures for this setup?

cheers,
buster ashmore

'76 M2002 (EP class with STICKY A008rsII's)
'92 325ia (CS class)