[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<ETA> Throttle Switch Removal?

The throttle switch is jammed shut on my 528e.  Not a nice situation -
the car won't go over 2000rpm w/ the switch connected - almost got in
two crashes until I disconnected it.  This is because the DME thinks
the throttle is closed, so the car should be idling, and cuts off the
fuel supply when the revs rise.

Anyway, I took off the throttle body last nite, removed the two
adjusting screws to the throttle switch, and found the switch was
still stuck to the throttle body.  Does anyone know how to get it off?
Or do I have to replace the whole bloody throttle body?  Does anyone
have the parts and want to sell them?

Thanks.
- -Sam