[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Octane Boost

Eric,

        There are several types of octane boosters, and I am definitely no
expert.  For my Firebird, I must add octane or in knocks on pumped gas.
For it, I import the "good stuff"  which is illegal in California.  This
adds lead (chemical called tetratheydelene, or something), and jumps octane
into the high 90's.  I buy this by the gallon, luckily, the Firebird is my
secondary car.  I can say that adding the typical octane booster from the
Quick-E-Mart didn't do a damn thing for my Firebird.  From what I hear,
some of the octane boosters you can get at the store actually work, but it
depends on what chemicals are used.  I believe that that product named 105
Octane (or something like that) is supposed to be the best.  I haven't had
to use the octane booster yet in the M3, since Jim's chip is so well
designed. 8^)

Anyone else out on the Digest have any comments???

- -Bill Bechtold
 bbechtol@domain.elided
 '89 BMW ///M3 (Jim Conforti/M-Performance/Dinan Tuned)
 '67 Pontiac Firebird 400 (100% Stock and Staying that Way!)