From: Richard D. Birkenstock
Subject: <E36> M3 Dinan Chip Sizzling Sounds

Dear Digesters,

Anybody else experience the following symptoms with a Dinan chip in an E36 M3:

About 10 times now, during heavy load (e.g., going up a hill, hot weather) at
average RPMs (3000-3500), I floor the throttle and for an split second I've
heard something like a "sizzle" come from the engine.  At this point, I ease up
on the throttle and everything sounds "normal" again.