[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Air Filter Interval

John Burns wrote:
   >Whilst reading my Haynes manual last night I realised that the air
>filter is only changed on Inspection II. Surely it should be changed
>more frequently? It assume it's inexpensive and it is readily
>accessible after all. Any comments?

If you live or drive in a dusty, dirty area, change it more often.  If not,
go by the manufacturer.  I changed my first one at 30,000 miles and it still
was not that dirty.  I now live on a street where houses are still being
built, and the street is routinely dusty.  I can tell this filter will
probably be ready for a change at about an 18,000 mile interval.

Ron
1992 318is