[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sizzler

Richard,

        Are we possibly talking about knocking?  Your situation is the most
common time for knocking to occur.  For example, going up hill in a low
gear  at low RPMs (lugging the engine.)  The E36 M3 should retard the
timing that might cause this sound (I dunno, the E30 M3 has no knock
sensor.)  I would (and do) carry a bottle of octane booster around with me
just in case I get a bad tank of gas, or whatever.  Just to be safe....

- -Bill Bechtold
 bbechtol@domain.elided
 '89 BMW ///M3 (Jim Conforti/M-Performance/Dinan Tuned)
 '67 Pontiac Firebird 400 (100% Stock and Staying that Way!)