[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Track Safety - Flags

Just a suggestion for the Drivers School Instructors out there.

I am a novice (4 drivers schools) and still learning an awful lot each time I
attend a drivers school.  At my last drivers school at BIR (Brainerd, MN) I
was lapping with my instructor when I found myself quickly closing in on the
car in front of me (very unusual <g>).  It turns out that a yellow flag was
out due to oil on the track ('vette dumped its tranny fluid).  Neither my
intructor or I noticed the flag.

I don't think its unusual for students to be focusing all of their attention
on the track and miss a flag station.  I'm not saying that students shouldn't
be responsible for observing flags but I think the instructors should be
especially aware of them.

Just my $.02

Craig Lovold
'85 Dinan 525i