[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ireland engrg

I must put in a compliment on Ireland Engineering's tech support.  I
called them today to discuss shock options.  Jeff Ireland spent about
15-20
minutes discussing shocks, springs, camber plates, then another 20
minutes
discussing engine rebuilds.  Their number is 818-359-7674 if you need
2002
advice.  While RD Enterprises offers lower prices, I went with Ireland
for
the shocks because of this technical support.

	I have to agree about the service that Ireland has provided me on a
recent decision to buy camber plates, etc.  I called them 4 times over a
3 week period and Jeff spent virtually an hour talking to me over that
time with sage advice on the 02 that I would never get at a 'mail order'
house.

	I bought the plates, shocks and perchs and the materials are first
class as is everything else I have come to know about Ireland.  I was
convinced that their camber plates mount under the strut support (ala
stock mounting position) and therefore being under compression versus
the Carrera which mount on top of the stut support and therefore under
tension.  Further, if it ain't in their catalog, they can fabricate it
(ie S/S headers).

	They advertise in the Roundel and are not well known in this neck of
the woods (N. Fla). They don't take plasctic but if I had to pay for the
expert advice, the cost of the parts would have been much higher.  I
highly reccomend Ireland for '02 performance stuff.

scott
VP First Coast Chapter
BMW CCA
jacksonville fl