[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2000CS 40PHH sidedrafts

Well... I think that my old dual Solex 40PHH sidedraft carburetors are drawing
too much air in through their throttle butterfly shafts. I can perceptably
wiggle the shafts in their bronze(?) bushings.  They still work really well at
full throttle but not so well at low to medium.  They don't seem suitable for
the old teflon-washers-on-the-shaft trick.  Any words of wisdom would be
welcome, including those from vendors and/or professional rebuilders hoping to
make a sale to a happless old car owner.

Kirk Fowler
colorado@domain.elided
'67 121 2000CS
'71 E3  2800