[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E24> Rust prevention advice needed, 633CSi

It is starting.

I've heard about the notorious front fender rust on BMW coupes. Mine is
just beginning to bubble at two identical spots, left and right, about 18"
from the front of each fender, where the fender attaches at the top (in
rain gutter).  I've looked under the fenders for holes in the undercoating;
but everything looks fine.  Is this endemic to the species?  Should I pull
both fenders, or just fix the visible rust?  What can I do to prevent
further rusting in the trouble spots?  What other, perhaps less obvious,
areas should I check?

Any advice, anecdotes, tips, testimonials or horror stories much appreciated.

TIA,

Barry
'83 633CSi 80k (new toy), '85 325e 138k (for sale)