[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Dealer Service

Phil Marx wrote:

 > And they probably sprayed "dressing" all over the tires and bumper,
 > too.

Phil, you sure do know the BMW organization!  They sprayed it not only on the
tires, but all over the _fenders_ too.  That must be why they didn't have any
left for the bumpers.

 > Next time, ask them not to wash it, they'll be happy to oblige.

There won't _be_ a next time for this dealer.  This last episode was the
straw that broke the camel's back, and I was _trying_ to develop a rapport
with them because that's where I bought the car.  I'm fortunate that there is
another dealer in the area whom Dean Schreier has recommended highly (via
private post).

You know, it just occurred to me that one of the major reasons many of us do
our own maintenance/repairs is because we've reached a similar point with
these items.  It's not the money we're saving, it's that we're asking them not
to do the maintenace/repairs because they mess these up also.

I hope you haven't interpret my side of this thread as implying I think _all_
dealers or mechanics are incompetent.  I am absolutely astounded by your
knowledge of the marque and your willingness to help.  Many thanks.

 Regards,
 Jerry
 Arlington, TX (23-Jul-96, 19:24)
 '95 540i-6 spd