[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cleaning wax residue from bumpers etc.

After much pain and suffering while trying to clean bumpers and trim from the
white wax residue I had an eureka and grabbed a bottle of a tire
cleaner/beautifier.  My logic that if it is able to clean tires from asphalt and
rubber crap, it ought to be able to do away with wax, has proven sound.  It
worked like a champ !  It didn't do anything to protect the plastic of course
but my day was made.  One application of Meguire's rubber/bumper treatment and
exterior vinyl was like new !  The trim also seems to be resistant (it has been
~3 months since the tire cleaner application) to any subsequent waxing.

Chris

96' E36 328is Montreal Blue / Gray Leather
Sports Package, 5 sp., AST, Heated Seats, Alpine / HK sound