[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<Misc> BMW Paint

I too have bad paint on my Diamond Black 1991 318is (E30). I purchased the car
last October from a guy who lived in northwest Washington D.C. He parked it in
his driveway under a bunch of trees. There are a lot of splotches on the
horizontal surfaces of the car which I attribute to tree sap eating thru the
clearcoat. I have tried claying and polishing the car but the spots remain. I
have been told by a detailer that wet sanding the spots and then
compounding/buffing may help. Does anyone have any experience with wet sanding?

The ultimate solution would be to repaint...

Thanks,

Will Kim
Arlington, VA
BMWCCA