[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E34> rocker panel paint peeling

Dennis D. Ignacio <dignacio@domain.elided> wrote:

> The paint on my side panels are peeling off like fruit-roll candy.
> ... Does anyone know what kind of paint I would need or have a
> better suggestion?

I would have reservations about a DIY repaint.  The peeling suggests
that something is wrong with the existing paint or surface preparation.
A top-notch body shop should know how to do this right.

After a tire monkey attacked my wife's E34 rocker panel with a floor
jack, my body shop repaired and repainted it, and it still looks great
several years later.  (If interested in the name of the Oakland,
California shop, email me.)

Curt Ingraham
ingraham@domain.elided