[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:<E24> Rattley, gurgly

"After getting my 635 CSi almost in top shape I have noticed a new glitch
that sounds expensive!
Facts:          1) The tranny makes a noise as tho someone had put
ballbearings in it when the clutch is let out in neutral (rattley, gurgly
type noise) "

In my experience, and without hearing the noise, most noises that occur
while the clutch is engaging or disengaging involve the clutch release
bearing.  However, I once (25 years ago!) heard a noise somewhat similar to
the one you describe that turned out to be the springs located in the
clutch disk itself.  Don't take the tranny apart until you are satisfied
that the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, and pilot shaft bearing
(or bushing) are in good shape.

Larry
1985 635CSi