[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> New bra technology

No, not the WonderBra (TM)!
I had planned on posting this as a general notice, but then Mr. Saldana wrote:

>At a recent auto-x, saw an M3 sporting a transparent tape applied accross
>the front portion of the hood to protect it from stone chips (several of
>which have begun decotating my hood after only one driving school). The
>fellow mentioned that it was a standard 3M product.

So here is what I've found about some new bra technology.

I was surfing the web and came across an interesting page - STONGARD.
It is a 7 or 8 mil thick urethane sheet that is applied to the forward facing
surfaces of your car to protect it from stone chips.  It is applied to the hood,
bumper, mirrors, fender flares, etc.  They make a separate kit for lights.  They
say it's guaranteed against chipping, yellowing, and coming unglued.  Seems
pretty good and they have applications for all late model BMWs.

Might warrant checking out for those of you who want to avoid paint chipping.
The URL is:

http://www.stongard.com/

Regards,
Jim Moran