[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

To sun/wind deflect or not.

> From: mjkobb@domain.elided (Michael J. Kobb)
> Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 17:40:40 -0700
> Subject: To bra, or not to bra
>
> Greetings!
>
>   As my M3 nears my dealer's lot (somewhere between port and here...), and
> I read about fragile water-based paint, I'm revisiting a decision I made
> awhile back.
>
>   I remember reading that car bras do more damage than good by trapping
> dirt, etc. under them and then basically scratching the crap out of the
> paint as the car's engine and wind causes them to vibrate.
>
>   But, I've seen an awful lot of bras on cars at the M-car gatherings here
> in Palo Alto.  So, I wonder: What's the scoop on bras?  Do they or don't
> they damage the paint?  Are they worth it?  Are they a pain in the rear
> when washing the car, or when it rains, or....
>
> Thanks,
> - --Mike

I am also interested in opinions regarding the plexiglass Sun/Wind Deflectors.
I just bought one for my '95 530i and had it on for 2 days. Removed it to
wash/wax the car. I couldn't believe the amount of junk under the rubber
gasket! No damage this time but I would guess once you put one of these
things on, you better plan on never taking it off! Any opinions?

Thanks,

Kim Watters '95/E34/530i/5-speed