[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cleaning vinyl and glass

- -- [ From: Craig D. Smith * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I, too, had extra wax on the black vinyl trim in my E-36.   Wasn't easy
to get it off.   Tried to get some Meglairs #99 as someone has
recommended, and could not find it in any of the local stores.   So I
tried the 409 with a toothbrush method that was also recommended.
Didn't work at all.   After three applications, only about half of the
wax was removed.   As an afterthought, I tried some AmorAll Clean-start
with the toothbursh.   WOW - what a difference.   It worked about 10
times better than the 409.   Wish I had the Meglairs so I could compare
the two.   In the meantime,  the "clean-start" will do just fine.

Also tried the 50/50 windex and white vinegar mix applied with crumpled
newspapers for cleaning the glass as someone on the list suggested..
It worked, but I couldn't detect any increase in cleaning power or ease
of use compared with my normal windex and paper towels.   Plus your
hands are black from the newsprint afterwards.   (The Zymol crowd will
no doubt experience better results by using aged balsamic vinegar ;>)

Craig   95 Boston Green  325i