[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

96 M3 Check Engine light FIXED!

For all that responded and are curious. My 96 M3 had a check engine
light after 2000 miles so I took it in today. The computer code
indicated that the fuel tank was losing pressure at the gas cap so they
replaced the gas cap (under warranty- $19.95) and the problem was
solved! Now that is some high-tech OBD when it knows the gas cap is
defective! My only complaint is that OBC does not state what the problem
is so you end up thinking it is something really major! Well, problem
solved!

Jason
96 M3 Cosmo/Black
56 Vette White/Red
Maybe 96 ZX-7R <- still thinking about it!