[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rolled 325

Charles Harman wrote about his mishap at a driving school at
Bridgehampton, and I for one would like to thank him for his candor.

I have been wanting to try a driving school (after a safety school), but
have had too many personal conflicts (read 9 month old son), and I still
want to take the school, but I think going in a little apprehensive isn't
all a bad thing.  As Charles said, this car is my daily driver, so it
needs to survive the outing almost as much as I do...

One thing Charles mentioned is wishing he had modified his
suspension/tires...and having done that myself, I am not sure what the
results would be.  Yes, the car tracks very well, yes, it corners w/o
much lean (if I get my new sways, even less), but the Yokohama AVS i's
that I have don't seem to give any warning of losing grip (at least not
yet), so I wonder how clear it will be to me when approaching the
'limit'...

glad to hear you made it w/o a scratch...these ol' E30s seem to do pretty
well in a roll...thank God!

- --
john
'87  325 136k (Dinan Chip, Racing Dynamics springs/Billstein shocks)
'94  318i 17k
http://www.hooked.net/users/johnt/bmw.html