[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

1990 525i, cold start problem

When I start the car cold, I get a "surging" idle.  Between 650 and 1100 RPM.
 It jumps up and down.  It's like it wants to die, then it jumps way up
again.  I suspect the choke (if there is one), but don't really know how to
adjust it or if that's even the problem.  Any ideas?
			Jerry Howell               /``/ ___________________
San Jose CA., USA                                 /  / /_____________  ____/
henchy@domain.elided                                   /  /              / /
henchy@domain.elided                            /  /________      / /
http://www.netcom.com/~henchy/pages.html       /________    /    / /
NHL2- San Jose Blades * CSHL-San Jose Fog              /  /    / /
CFHL-San Jose Spirit * IHHHL-San Jose Blizzard        /  /    / /
SEHL-Brynas Rebels * EHAH-Torren Sharks         _    /_ /    / /
AHL- San Jose Storm * IHL-San Jose Prid        / /__________/ /
           BHL-San Jose Shakers               /______________/

Rock N Roll, Fantasy Hockey, and a couple of cold brews!