[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E23> HVAC Kaputt

I have a problem with the the climate contol system on my 84 E23 735.  Ist
KAPUTT!!

It has the climate control with the temp. dial.

 I know its working when, while driving the A/C compressor runs, then stops,
then runs etc, then clicking, popping, flaps open/close, and fsssssst sounds
come from near the glove box (a bit dramatic, but seems to work)  - all its
little way of keeping the cabin temp constant at the dialed-in temp.  This
is why I think it's got something to do with the all those sweet little
noises.  I call 'em sweet now, because I promised the car I wouldn't
complain about them again if I was able to fix it without too many $$ thrown
at it.

Just yesterday it did its click and pop trick for the last time.  No
interior fan, no lights above the button with the A/C - AUTO selected no air
comming into the cabin -- ZIP!!!  The A/C compressor doesnt seem to be
running at any time now either - its not seized.    You see it would always
be running when I first start the car in the mornings - it gives that tell
tale buzz that all E23's and E28 A/C compressor bearings make.

Gotta fix it soon or else daughter will start daaaaaaaaaaaadeeeeee, I cant
breeeeeeeethe, then my wife will notice she cant either, then I'll have to
put up with the old story - "I dont have these problems with my Honda".  :-)

Replaced the 15amp fuse (No. 18).  Is there something behind the glovebox I
dare need to take a look at?

TIA

Steve Callaghan
BMW Club Queensland, Australia